When you get to third and fourth years, the idea of showing professionalism should no longer be a new one. Being professional does not only apply to attending conferences and job interviews, it comes through in small actions as well. Here are some ways to demonstrate your professionalism.
- Attend all events that you sign up for. If you suddenly can’t make it for some reason, notify the person in charge of the event as soon as you can.
- Be on time for any meetings or events.
- Dress appropriately for all events; when in doubt, it’s safer to overdress than under-dress.
- Be extra careful and polite in emails to your professors and the administrative staff.
- Don’t be afraid to speak up when you sense something that is against the standards at U of T.
Practicing professionalism early on will definitely stay with you as you progress through your third and fourth years and move on to your careers.